Array ( [id] => 47 [parent_id] => 47 [topic_id] => 1 [topic_name] => The U.S. Electric Power Industry [topic_name_short] => Electric Power [code] => D1011 [sort] => 2 [title] => Fundamentals of Energy & Electricity Financial Markets [format] => [posted] => 1 [status] => active [num_sessions] => 1 [date_live] => 2019-07-24 [date_ondemand] => 2019-08-07 [timezone] => U.S. EDT [is_live] => 1 [is_ondemand] => 1 [ondemand_ready] => 0 [instructor_id] => 1 [instructor_name] => John Adamiak [instructor_title] => President PGS Energy [instructor_description] =>
John Adamiak is President and Founder of PGS Energy Training and an expert in energy derivatives and electric power markets. Mr. Adamiak is a well-known and highly effective seminar presenter who has over 20 years experience in the natural gas and electric power industries. His background includes 15 years as a seminar instructor, 9 years of energy transaction experience, and 6 years of strategic planning and venture capital activities. John's academic background includes an M.B.A. degree from Carnegie Mellon University.[price_first] => 295.00 [price_second] => 145.00 [price_addtl] => 75.00 [date_live_friendly] => July 24th [date_live_friendly_short] => Jul 24 [date_live_friendly_full] => Wednesday, July 24th [date_ondemand_friendly] => August 7th [date_ondemand_friendly_short] => Aug 7 [time_start_friendly] => 1:00 pm [time_end_friendly] => 4:30 pm [duration_friendly] => [MOD(SUM(webinar_sessions.ondemand_duration),60)] => [SUM(webinar_sessions.ondemand_duration)/60] => [duration_live] => 210 [intro] =>
Forward energy markets, CME-NYMEX, ICE Futures, financial institutions, wholesale energy merchants, power marketers, and electronic energy/electricity trading platforms such as "ICE OTC" directly impact the profitability and risk management activities of many companies in the natural gas, electric power and petroleum industries.
This comprehensive fundamental seminar is for anyone who seeks a solid introduction into this fascinating world, its participants, and the powerful financial instruments it trades.
This proven online seminar features the same material used in the popular PGS in-person classroom training program. Register today and join the over 10,000 energy professionals who have already benefited from an in-depth PGS seminar.[learn] =>
- The structure, function and terminology of spot, cash & forward natural gas, oil and electricity markets, and what energy derivatives are.
- The three different types of forward energy markets (Futures, financial over-the-counter, & physical) and how these markets relate to each other.
- How forward financial markets reduce risk and add value for energy consumers, producers and electric generators.
- The difference between brokers, FCMs, traders, dealers, market-makers, marketers, power marketers, and wholesale energy merchants, and how they make their money.
- The meaning of "bid/offer spread", "LD agreements", and other trading terminology.
- The difference between price and "basis" risk.
- Why the hedging needs of energy producers and end-use consumers are different from those of energy marketers, oil refiners and gas/coal fired electric generators.
- What liquidity risk is, and why it is a critical issue for energy markets and traders.
[agenda] => [attend] =>
- The difference between physical and cash settled energy futures contracts and why the same financial instrument can have ten different names.
- A summary of energy futures contracts and how the CME-NYMEX and ICE Futures Exchanges operate.
- How cash margining and your futures brokerage account works, and how cash management/funding risk can blow up even prudent hedges.
- What energy and electric commodity swaps/cfds are, and how these instruments are similar to financial futures contracts.
- An overview of the large and private ICE OTC over-the-counter electronic energy market, the importance of liquidity, how "ICE" and CME-Globex trading platforms work, and how trades are cleared through the CME Clearinghouse and ICECLEAR..
This seminar will benefit a wide variety of organizations in the electric power, financial and energy industries. Professionals from energy/power marketers, banks, energy producers, electric utilities, asset developers, industrial companies, electric generators, and municipals will gain valuable insights, as will natural gas, oil and electric power executives, traders, marketers, (sales, purchasing & risk management professionals), accountants, economists, trading support staff, auditors, attorneys, government regulators, rate specialists, plant operators, engineers and corporate planners.[prereq] =>
This fundamental level group live seminar has no prerequisites. No advance preparation is required before the seminar.[choose] =>
PGS seminars are known for their clear explanations and in-depth content. Register for a PGS class today, and join the over 10,000 energy professionals who have already attended one of PGS's proven programs.[datetime_created] => [datetime_updated] => 2019-07-18 20:29:34 [datetime_deleted] => [live_available] => 1 [available] => 1 [date_now] => 2019-07-22 [datetime_now] => 2019-07-22 23:46:05 [title_url] => online-seminar/D1011/Fundamentals-Energy-Electricity-Financial-Markets/47 [datetime_string] => [description_promo] => An On-Demand Minute Webinar [prices] => Array (  => Array ( [price] => 295.00 [quantity] => 1 [description] => Single Attendee ) [unlimited] => Array ( [price] => 75.00 [quantity] => unlimited [description] => Unlimited Group ) ) [sessions] => Array (  => Array ( [id] => 821 [webinar_id] => 47 [num] => 1 [time_start] => 13:00:00 [time_start_friendly] => 1:00 PM [hour_start] => 01 [minute_start] => 00 [ampm_start] => PM [time_end] => 16:30:00 [time_end_friendly] => 4:30 PM [hour_end] => 04 [minute_end] => 30 [ampm_end] => PM [time_short] => 1:00-4:30PM [timezone] => [url] => https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/178159653 [phone_dom] => +1 (646) 749-3112 [phone_intl] => [access_code] => 178-159-653 [url_slides_web] => [url_slides_pdf] => [ondemand_media_id] => [ondemand_duration] => ) ) [files] => Array ( ) )