Array ( [id] => 45 [parent_id] => 45 [topic_id] => 1 [topic_name] => The U.S. Electric Power Industry [topic_name_short] => Electric Power [code] => E1023 [sort] => 10 [title] => How To Execute Power Marketing Transactions Within an ISO Using Financial Power and LMP Auctions [format] => [posted] => 1 [status] => active [num_sessions] => 1 [date_live] => 2019-08-14 [date_ondemand] => 2019-08-22 [timezone] => U.S. EDT [is_live] => 1 [is_ondemand] => 1 [ondemand_ready] => 0 [instructor_id] => 1 [instructor_name] => John Adamiak [instructor_title] => President PGS Energy [instructor_description] =>
John Adamiak is President and Founder of PGS Energy Training and an expert in energy derivatives and electric power markets. Mr. Adamiak is a well-known and highly effective seminar presenter who has over 20 years experience in the natural gas and electric power industries. His background includes 15 years as a seminar instructor, 9 years of energy transaction experience, and 6 years of strategic planning and venture capital activities. John's academic background includes an M.B.A. degree from Carnegie Mellon University.[price_first] => 249.00 [price_second] => 99.00 [price_addtl] => 49.00 [date_live_friendly] => August 14th [date_live_friendly_short] => Aug 14 [date_live_friendly_full] => Wednesday, August 14th [date_ondemand_friendly] => August 22nd [date_ondemand_friendly_short] => Aug 22 [time_start_friendly] => 1:00 pm [time_end_friendly] => 2:30 pm [duration_friendly] => [MOD(SUM(webinar_sessions.ondemand_duration),60)] => [SUM(webinar_sessions.ondemand_duration)/60] => [duration_live] => 90 [intro] =>
Learn how power marketers combine ISO energy auctions and bilateral financial contracts to buy and sell physical & financial power in wholesale and retail competitive markets. You will also learn how to move power financially once it is on the grid which is easier and cheaper than buying transmission service.
This proven online seminar features the same material used in the popular PGS in-person classroom training program. Register today and join the over 10,000 energy professionals who have already benefited from an in-depth PGS seminar.[learn] =>
[also_learn] => [agenda] => [attend] =>
- How to transport physical power financially causing it to ‘jump’ between regions which can help renewable energy reach new PPA customers.
- How commodity swaps, cfds, and financial futures contracts can be combined with ISO energy auctions to give a company "the best of both worlds" when buying, selling, and moving power.
- A detailed listing of all the costs components contained within a competitive end-user price including supply cost, LMP spreads, HV and LV NITS (HV & LV TAC in California), UCAP, Resource Adequacy, FRACMOO (California), and the five different ancillary service charges.
- What "Basis Risk" is and how a company can hedge this risk financially using an ICE, trading desk, or ISO financial product.
- What FTRs, CRRs, and TCCs are; how they help an ISO reduce transmission congestion; how these products can hedge risk; and how they can cause transaction losses for a power marketer.
- Why most bilateral power transactions with an ISO/RTO footprint are purely financial, and why generators, LSEs, QSEs, and SCs, often self-schedule.
- What Fix-for-Floating swaps, Dart swaps, and financial futures contracts are.
- Why a power marketer often has to underprice risk to get a deal done.
This seminar will benefit a wide variety of organizations in the electric power, financial and energy industries. Professionals from energy/power marketers, energy producers, traders, utilities, energy marketers, industrial companies, electric generators, and municipals will gain valuable insights, as will natural gas, oil and electric power executives, traders, marketers, (sales, purchasing & risk management professionals), accountants, economists, trading support staff, auditors, attorneys, government regulators, rate specialists, plant operators, engineers and corporate planners.
A basic understanding of electricity units (MWs and MWhs) and the definition of ISO LMP (Locational Marginal Price) is a necessary prerequisite. A general backgroung in power marketing and/or financial commodity swaps would also be helpful.[choose] =>
PGS seminars are known for their clear explanations and in-depth content. Register for a PGS class today, and join the over 10,000 energy professionals who have already attended one of PGS's proven programs.[datetime_created] => [datetime_updated] => 2019-07-22 13:43:18 [datetime_deleted] => [live_available] => 1 [available] => 1 [date_now] => 2019-07-22 [time_now] => 23:46:19 [datetime_now] => 2019-07-22 23:46:19 [title_url] => online-seminar/E1023/How-To-Execute-Power-Marketing-Transactions-Within-Using-Financial-Power/45 [datetime_string] => [description_promo] => An On-Demand Minute Webinar [prices] => Array (  => Array ( [price] => 249.00 [quantity] => 1 [description] => Single Attendee ) [unlimited] => Array ( [price] => 49.00 [quantity] => unlimited [description] => Unlimited Group ) ) [sessions] => Array (  => Array ( [id] => 827 [webinar_id] => 45 [num] => 1 [time_start] => 13:00:00 [time_start_friendly] => 1:00 PM [hour_start] => 01 [minute_start] => 00 [ampm_start] => PM [time_end] => 14:30:00 [time_end_friendly] => 2:30 PM [hour_end] => 02 [minute_end] => 30 [ampm_end] => PM [time_short] => 1:00-2:30PM [timezone] => [url] => [phone_dom] => [phone_intl] => [access_code] => [url_slides_web] => [url_slides_pdf] => [ondemand_media_id] => [ondemand_duration] => ) ) [files] => Array ( ) )