Array ( [id] => 8 [parent_id] => 8 [topic_id] => 2 [topic_name] => The U.S. Natural Gas Industry [topic_name_short] => Natural Gas [code] => G1011 [sort] => 1 [title] => Introduction To The Physical U.S. Natural Gas System [format] => [posted] => 1 [status] => active [num_sessions] => 1 [date_live] => 2019-08-21 [date_ondemand] => 2019-08-28 [timezone] => U.S. EDT [is_live] => 1 [is_ondemand] => 1 [ondemand_ready] => 0 [instructor_id] => 3 [instructor_name] => Jim Crist [instructor_title] => President of Lumen Group, Inc [instructor_description] =>
Jim Crist is President of Lumen Group, Inc. headquartered in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. He has over 27 years experience in the energy industry covering coal, gas, oil, propane, and electricity. Jim has conducted many strategic studies of the industry and prepared market and business assessments for several large energy companies. Before founding Lumen Group in 1996, Jim spent 20 years working for major energy companies in engineering, technology development, rate and regulatory policy development and marketing. He served as marketing vice president in both regulated and deregulated entities. His consulting practice provides strategic planning, marketing and business development, and rate and regulatory consulting, along with serving as an expert witness in regulatory proceedings in several jurisdictions.[price_first] => 295.00 [price_second] => 145.00 [price_addtl] => 75.00 [date_live_friendly] => August 21st [date_live_friendly_short] => Aug 21 [date_live_friendly_full] => Wednesday, August 21st [date_ondemand_friendly] => August 28th [date_ondemand_friendly_short] => Aug 28 [time_start_friendly] => 1:00 pm [time_end_friendly] => 4:30 pm [duration_friendly] => [MOD(SUM(webinar_sessions.ondemand_duration),60)] => [SUM(webinar_sessions.ondemand_duration)/60] => [duration_live] => 210 [intro] =>
An understanding of the structure and function of the North American natural gas system (production through delivery) is necessary before one can fully comprehend the U.S. natural gas industry and its markets.
You will receive a comprehensive understanding of the structure and functions of the U. S. natural gas industry; how the physical infrastructure works; who the players are and how the various segments of operations interface with each other.
This proven online seminar features the same material used in the popular PGS in-person classroom training program. Register today and join the over 10,000 energy professionals who have already benefited from an in-depth PGS seminar.[learn] =>
- What is natural gas, the different types of natural gas, specifications and measurement units and conversions, key consumption sectors and demand drivers.
- The terminology, concepts and mechanics of the natural gas industry infrastructure components and how the natural gas industry operates across the value chain spectrum.
- Where the gas supply is, how gas is produced, related production economic issues and the relationship to current supply issues, concerns and directions.
- Why the natural gas industry is at a critical supply and demand juncture.
- What gas gathering is, how it works and is managed and what are the economic issues and concerns of the other parts of the infrastructure value chain.
- What happens at different gas processing stages, NGL extraction flows, and what a "frac-spread" is and why it is important.
- What "pipeline quality gas" is and the different concerns along the value chain about gas quality and interchangeability.
[agenda] => [attend] =>
- Who the key industry infrastructure participants are and how they manage gas supplies for their respective segment.
- The key parts of pipeline, natural gas storage and LNG import terminal infrastructures and how these critical value chain components operate.
- Impact of FERC policies on new pipelines, expansions and capacity.
- Differences and economics of different types of underground storage and using storage as a physical hedge.
- How an LDC system works, critical LDC operational areas and issues, and today's industry economic and rate concerns.
- Who regulates what, where, how and why and the evolution of FERC policy, major Orders and regulations to today's "open access" environment.
- State regulatory concerns, issues and the changing role of state regulators.
This seminar will benefit a wide variety of organizations and professionals in both the natural gas and electric power industries. Energy producers, utilities, energy marketers, industrial companies, electric generators, and liquids processors will gain valuable insights, as will energy and electric power executives, traders, marketers, (sales, purchasing & risk management professionals), accountants, trading support staff, auditors, attorneys, government regulators, rate specialists, plant operators, engineers and corporate planners. Anyone who wants a solid understanding of how the U.S. natural gas systems infrastructures fit together and operate will benefit.[prereq] =>
This fundamental level group live seminar has no prerequisites. No advance preparation is required before the seminar.[choose] =>
PGS seminars are known for their clear explanations and in-depth content. Register for a PGS class today, and join the over 10,000 energy professionals who have already attended one of PGS's proven programs.[datetime_created] => [datetime_updated] => 2019-07-10 13:25:24 [datetime_deleted] => [live_available] => 1 [available] => 1 [date_now] => 2019-07-22 [datetime_now] => 2019-07-22 23:45:43 [title_url] => online-seminar/G1011/Introduction-To-The-Physical-Natural-Gas-System/8 [datetime_string] => [description_promo] => An On-Demand Minute Webinar [prices] => Array (  => Array ( [price] => 295.00 [quantity] => 1 [description] => Single Attendee ) [unlimited] => Array ( [price] => 75.00 [quantity] => unlimited [description] => Unlimited Group ) ) [sessions] => Array (  => Array ( [id] => 643 [webinar_id] => 8 [num] => 1 [time_start] => 13:00:00 [time_start_friendly] => 1:00 PM [hour_start] => 01 [minute_start] => 00 [ampm_start] => PM [time_end] => 16:30:00 [time_end_friendly] => 4:30 PM [hour_end] => 04 [minute_end] => 30 [ampm_end] => PM [time_short] => 1:00-4:30PM [timezone] => [url] => [phone_dom] => [phone_intl] => [access_code] => [url_slides_web] => [url_slides_pdf] => [ondemand_media_id] => [ondemand_duration] => ) ) [files] => Array ( ) )